The eyelid surgery is a type of cosmetic surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty. Mostly performed for cosmetic reasons, this eyelid surgery is done to correct the lower and upper eyelids. Sometimes it will be performed to improve vision in older patients. It is also useful to remove the excess skin, adipocyte fat region and excess tissues around the eye region.
How will eyelid surgery be helpful?
- This surgery will eliminate the eye bags and gives a better look to the eyes.
- It can remove the wrinkles present at the lower eyelid and the excess skin.
- Excess fatty deposits on upper eyelid will be removed.
- Sagging skin will be eliminated through this surgery.
- Droopiness in the lower eyelid will be corrected.
Types of Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty:
This process will be performed either on the lower eyelid or upper eyelid, or sometimes both will be done. Based on the lower eyelid blepharoplasty type either the excess fat will be removed or excess skin in the lower eyelid will be removed.
This process will be done when your vision is affected by excess skin. With an HVF – Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer doctors can detect how much your vision has affected.